This is an example of what a week will look like at Dry Creek Wranglers School.
No matter if you are a wrangler or a private horse owner, you will walk away a better horseman.
Every day starts with home cooked breakfast, followed by morning lessons, a light lunch, afternoon lessons, and plenty of hands-on learning. Enjoy a hearty cowboy supper discussing the days events with time for a question and answer session. Then end the day relaxing together around the campfire before retiring.
Sunday arrival: Dinner and Orientation and get to know each other around the fire pit.
Retire for night.
Monday through Friday lessons will include but will not be limited to:
- About the Horse and their Unique Physiology: What makes them tick
- You and the Horse: Dynamics of a Unique Relationship
- Practical Ground Work
- Tack Inspection
- Dealing with common, simple behavior issues of the horse
- In-Depth Study and Discussion on Saddles and Tack
- Good Riding Posture and Technique
- Proper Horse Nutrition
- Minor Horse First Aid
- Proper Loading and Trailering of your Horses
- Trail Etiquette
- An afternoon spent with a professional Farrier
Saturday: Lite breakfast and morning departure.