This is a list of items you want to consider bringing, most of it is NOT required, just recommended. It is meant only to give you an idea of what you may need/want to bring with you to the school.
After you sign up for the school, you will receive an email from us with a detailed list of what to bring, what not to bring, and more details about the school and what to expect.
This list applies ONLY to the 2022 classes in Tennessee. After our move to Wyoming in 2023 we will post an updated list, as the items you may need/want will change because our accommodations will also change.
- Knife/Multi Tool / Leatherman
- A small notebook and pen to take notes
- Bug & tick repellent
- Sunscreen. We spend every day outside, most of it in the sun.
- Sleeping Bag /bedroll & Pillow. The temperature is fluctuating from chilly mornings to sweltering afternoons, so it is a good idea to bring bedding suitable to that.
- Toiletries. We do have running water and a shower in the bathroom. You may want to bring some form of shower shoes.
- Towel & Washcloth.
- Water Bottle. We do provide water and other drinks but if you have an insulated water bottle you may want to bring it as it will hold ice and keep your water cold.
- Clothes for 7 days. It is best to plan on dressing in layers as the temperature can often fluctuate.
- Suitable Enclosed Riding Boots.
- Hat or Cap – we spend every day outside and most of it is in the sun
- Jacket or Coat (appropriate for the current weather)
- Rain Coat / Slicker (No Ponchos)
Horses & Tack
Case by case basis will be discussed with Dewayne prior to enrollment